Mobile Clinics Lung Cancer Screening
Lung Cancer Screenings
Imagine if the significant advantages of early detection were available to everyone.
In all communities, large and small, with high quality and convenience. Our services could help employers, health centers, physicians and individuals manage all major health risks, not just one or two. And what if the best hospitals and specialists were part of the solution? Therefore patients with our offering could receive a VIP pass to the best specialists for care if needed.
MEDICUS Mobile Clinics addresses the barriers to early lung cancer detection by offering the convenience of mobile imaging clinics to help detect lung cancer early with a 10 minute screening. Early detection is a powerful resource to gain peace of mind and access to early treatment options if needed.
Lung cancer screening is for current and former smokers.
- In the United States, more than 228,000 people will be diagnosed this year.
- 50% of newly diagnosed lung cancer occur in former smokers
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among all cancers
- Early detection dramatically increases survival rate
A MEDICUS lung cancer screening takes just 10 minutes, whether provided at your employer, a Federally Qualified Health Center, through your city, or at your physician’s office.
The American Cancer Society recommends annual lung cancer screening with a low-dose CT scan (LDCT) for certain people at higher risk for lung cancer who meet the following conditions:
- Are aged 55-74 years and in fairly good health, and
- Currently smoke or have quit within the past 15 years, and
- Have at least a 30-pack-year smoking history, and
- Receive smoking cessation counseling if they are current smokers, and
- Have been involved in informed/sharing decision making about the benefits, limitations, and harms of screening with LDCT scans, and
- Have access to high-volume, high quality lung cancer screening and treatment center.
10 Minutes Can Save A Life